Album

Colilia

A Lost And Forgotten Gothic Monastery Culelia, Colilia or Colelia was a village in Dobrogea, now gone, which was located between Cogealac and Gradina. It was founded in 1880 and inhabited until 1940 by Germans, when was carrying the German name of Colelie, Kolelie or Kulelie . Once the Germans were displaced in the Third Reich in 1940, the village remained very sparsely populated. In 1945 Colelia was repopulated with Romanians and Macedonians, who were given land and the existing homes. Roman-Catholic Church, which was built by the Germans in 1934 , returned to the Romanian Orthodox Church. Since there was no dispensary in the village or school, people were forced to leave the town, so in 1966 it remained empty. In 2006, in addition to the church which was left standing, the Holy Monastery of nuns was founded "Entrance of the Mother of God in the Church". Besides the function of monastery, the settlement has as a mission a charitable activity and social, which is to house and support the elderly deprived of opportunities,with no pension and with very small income. Architecture Building Exterior Cathedral Church Colilia Cross Deserted Town Forgotten Gothic Gothic Architecture Gothic Church History Monastery Old Old Buildings Place Of Worship Postprocessing Religion Romania Ruined Ruined Building Ruined Monastery Ruines Spirituality Vignette
A Lost And Forgotten Gothic Monastery Culelia, Colilia or Colelia was a village in Dobrogea, now gone, which was located between Cogealac and Gradina. It was founded in 1880 and inhabited until 1940 by Germans, when was carrying the German name of Colelie, Kolelie or Kulelie . Once the Germans were displaced in the Third Reich in 1940, the village remained very sparsely populated. In 1945 Colelia was repopulated with Romanians and Macedonians, who were given land and the existing homes. Roman-Catholic Church, which was built by the Germans in 1934 , returned to the Romanian Orthodox Church. Since there was no dispensary in the village or school, people were forced to leave the town, so in 1966 it remained empty. In 2006, in addition to the church which was left standing, the Holy Monastery of nuns was founded "Entrance of the Mother of God in the Church". Besides the function of monastery, the settlement has as a mission a charitable activity and social, which is to house and support the elderly deprived of opportunities,with no pension and with very small income. Arid Climate Colelie Colilia Deserted Scapes Deserted Town Dry Grass Field Forgotten Gothic Gothic Architecture Gothic Church Lost Moon Morning Old Buildings Remote Romania Ruined Ruined Building Ruined Lands Ruined Monastery Sky Solitude Village
end of photo grid