Album

ArtDecco

Houston Downtown Texas Skyline ArtDecco
"RCA" RCA / Marconi Wireless Stations: Guglielmo Marconi sited and commissioned the building of wireless telegraphy transmitting station in Bolinas and receiving station in Marshall, on Tomales Bay, in 1913-14. They formed the foundation for the most successful and powerful ship to shore and land station, known as "KPH," on the Pacific Rim. The Marshall station was supplanted in 1929 to support the growing point-to-point business in the Pacific by a new Art Deco-designed facility at Point Reyes Beach on the "G" Ranch. Few of the succeeding generations of antennas, arranged in "farms," remain at the two sites. However, the radio equipment, some of it dating to the World War II-era, remains intact, functional, and used for ceremonial occasions by former RCA key operators. RCA Artdeco ArtDecco ArtDecoArchitecture Architecture Architecture_collection Historical Building Historical Place Pointreyes Blackandwhite Photography Blackandwhite Black And White
1
of 1 pages
end of photo grid