St Andrew Presbyterian Church

Home to one of the oldest Presbyterian congregations in Canada, St. Andrew’s was founded in 1830 in connection with the "Mother Church of Scotland". It was first located at the southwest corner of Church and Adelaide Streets but this building was abandoned when it became too small for the expanding congregation. The present building was opened for worship in 1876. At that time the King and Simcoe Streets location was a busy place and most of the congregation lived within easy walking distance of the church. Across the street stood Government House, the official residence of the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario. Upper Canada College stood on a second corner and on a third was a popular tavern. With St. Andrew's, the four corners were known locally as Legislation, Education, Damnation and Salvation!! Toronto Church Religious  Symmetry
Walking Down The Aisle... Symmetry Design Architecture Church Toronto